- The University of lowa (Ph.D.-Chemical & Biochemical Engineering)
- Seoul National University (M.S.-Chemical Engineering)
- Seoul National University (B.S.-Chemical Engineering)
- 2012 - Present
- Professor at GIST
- 2008 - 2012
- Associate Professor at GIST
- 2004 - 2008
- Assistant Professor at GIST
- 2000 - 2004
- Research Staff at Georgia Institute of Technology
- 1994 - 1995
- Research Scientist at KIST
- 1989 - 1993
- Research Engineer at LG Chemical Company
Journal Editorial Acivites
- Editorial Board member of Atmos, Chem, & Phys. (IF: 5.053; 3/77 in Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences) (December 2009 - present)
- Guest editor for special issue on "Air Quality and Climate Change in East Asian Megacities" in Atmos. Chem. & Phys. (IF: 5.053; 3/77 in Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences), (November 2010 -April 2012)
- Guest editor for special issue on "Air Quality Modeling in Asia 2011" in Atmos. Environ. (IF; 3.281; 42/221 in Environmental Sciences), (January 2011 - October 2011)
- Editorial Board Member of J. of Korean Soc. for Atmos. Environ. (2006.1 - 2007.12)
- Editor-in-chief of Asian J. of Atmos. Environ. (AJAE), (2016.01 - present)
- Member of the National Council on Climate and Air Quality (April 2019 - present)
- Director of the Center for the Development of Korean Air Quality Prediction Model (September 2017 - present)
- Vice-president of Korean Association for Particle and Aerosols Research (KAPAR) (December 2010 - November 2012)
- Trustee board Member of Korean Society for Atmospheric Research (January 2008 - December 2009)
- Member of American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR)
- Member of European Geophysical Union (EGU)
- Member of American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Member of Korean Institure of Chemical Engineering (KIChE)
- Heterogeneous Chemistry in Troposphere
- Aerosol Dynamics & Thermodynamics
- Tropospheric Gas-Phase Photochemical Cycle
- Regional and Mesoscale(urban scale) 3-D Eulerian Chemistry-Transport Modeling
- Dust and Sea-salt Particle Modeling
- Reactive Gaussian Plume Modeling (RGPM)
- High Speed Computations
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, H. S., and *C. H. Song: Development of a reactive plume model for the consideration of power-plant plume photochemistry and its applications, Environ. Sci. Technol., 51(3), 1477-1487, 2017.
- Lee, S., *C. H. Song, Park, R. S., Park, M. E., Han, K. M., Kim, J., Choi, M., Ghim, Y. S., and Woo, J.-H.: GIST-PM-Asia v1: development of a numerical system to improve particulate matter forecasts in South Korea using geostationary satellite-retrieved aerosol optical data over Northeast Asia, Geosci. Model Dev., 9, 17-39, https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-9-17-2016, 2016.
- Han, K. M., Lee, S., Chang, L. S., and *C. H. Song: A comparison study between CMAQ-simulated and OMI-retrieved NO2 columns over East Asia for evaluation of NOx emission fluxes of INTEX-B, CAPSS, and REAS inventories, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 15(4), 1913-1938, doi:10.5194/acp-15-1913-2015, 2015.
- Park, R. S., Lee, S. J., Shin, S. K., and *C. H. Song: Contribution of ammonium nitrate to aerosol optical depth and direct radiative forcing by aerosols over East Asia, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 14(4), 2185-2201, 2014.
- Park, M. E., *C. H. Song, Park, R. S., Lee, J., Kim, J., Lee, S., Woo, J. H., Carmichael, G. R., Eck, T.F., Holben, B. N., Lee, S. S., Song, C. K. and Hong, Y. D.: New approach to monitor transboundary particulate pollution over Northeast Asia, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 14(2), 659-674, 2014.